Friday, September 24, 2021

Nearing the finish line ...

Just a quickie post this week - I have been obsessed with hand quilting on the wholecloth quilt, which though fun doesn't seem to be very blogworthy. No matter how many times I move the hoop, the photos really just look the same. I'll try and get a picture of how much I've done for next week.

I did get the quilting finished on the larger tree skirt, and got a little snap in the morning light in the sewing room:


My quilting isn't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks. And today I got busy with the binding:


I chose the red fabric as I didn't have enough of the green left, if I'm honest I would have preferred the green, but I feel it will look okay anyway. It's my plan to finish machining the binding tonight, and then I have the weekend to hand sew it down on the reverse side. I'm pretty excited to get this project finished now.

Well, that's all I have for now, hopefully next week I'll have a much more newsy post, so chatter soon! xox

3 comments:

Janet said...

Your machine quilting looks very good. I think the red brings out the red but yes the green would have been more subtle. It still looks gorgeous. I look forward to seeing your whole cloth quilting. Enjoy your weekend.

cityquilter grace said...

i like the red best...makes the berries pop!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good Tazzie! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails