Friday, June 25, 2021

More of the same ...

This week I've been working really hard to clean up my sewing room (otherwise known as the Ladies Lounge). It was getting really hard to find homes for things and the cutting table was becoming a huge mess. I've made some progress, but I won't share photos with you just yet. I made another trip to Ikea today with Mum, and I have some new doo-dads - it's my aim to share some pictures with you next week.

In stolen moments, I stitched a few more applique pieces down on the current Lily Rosenberry block:


I've spritzed the block to remove the blue placement lines, and when I wandered into the sewing room to see how it was looking earlier today, I just couldn't believe it that I'd managed to miss stitching down one side of a stem again! Duh! You can see one of the stems on the left side is touching the berries - I'll have to get busy and fix it. 

Also a little more hand quilting, OMG, I am enjoying hand quilting at the moment!


If only we could find a few more hours in each day, I'd have this block done by now and a few others too - I'm dying to get this little quilt finished and ready for use by little Mary.

And for the last of the pictures, I got some happy mail today:


Doesn't this look like such a divine project? I can see a lot of fussy cutting in my future - not immediate future you understand, but it's going on the 'must make' list! This quilt booklet is a lovely tribute to a beautiful person taken from us way too soon. Di Ford-Hall was such a beautiful person inside and out, and is so sadly missed.

Catching up on some mail, a big thank you to all my commenters. I've written back to all that I can - but I also want to say Hi to some people that I'm unable to reply to - Beverly, Jude, Regina, Beth French, Leta, Gladiquilts, Viola, Lisa and Carol in TX, thank you for stopping by and leaving notes for me xox

Meryl asked what size ironing board I'm putting on the quilting trolley - I'm not sure exactly what size my ironing board is, but I got hubby to take the legs off my existing ironing board and fasten it in place on top of the trolley. If it weren't for the fact that we still use the ironing board to press his work shirts, I'd probably opt for a larger rectangle surface - but for now the traditional ironing board will work. And I'll share some more pictures when I'm a little further along working in the room. :-)

I feel like someone else has also asked me a question recently about a fabric or pattern or some such thing - I wasn't able to reply as the email address didn't come through, and now it's lost in my inbox somewhere, so if a sweet quilter friend is waiting on a response from me, I'm so sorry I haven't responded - please feel free to send me a note again if you feel inclined.

Well, that's it from me - not an especially exciting week, but things are happening here in the Ladies Lounge - all steps toward finishing projects. Big love and hugs! xox

4 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your hand quilting is so beautiful! I certainly understand what you mean when you say "stolen moments". Funny how those grand babies take up so much of our "free" time - and I know we wouldn't have it any other way!! I don't regret one minute spent with them no matter how much quilting doesn't get done - wink! I am really looking forward to watching you stitch along on Di's "Windermere" quilt. Your version will be amazing. No rush!!

Janet said...

Your Lily quilt blocks are coming along quickly, probably not to you.
Your hand quilting is amazing and I am a big chicken when it comes to the blue pen, but you have great results.
I had not seen a good close up of Windemere, it is beautiful and yes such fun for fussy cutting.
Thank you for lovely journey and have a great weekend.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I ordered the booklet! Now to decide on fabric selection .

Jean McGee said...

The applique project is coming along nicely as is your hand quilting, perfect as usual.
Your quilting room is very tidy in comparison to mine, but it's hard to keep things in order when you are enjoying playing! 😍😍

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails