Thursday, April 19, 2018

Phebe's applique complete!

I'm so thrilled, last night I finished the applique on my Phebe project, and I'm super happy with how it's looking.

I do have a couple of things I'll get back to - the first is to give the people their faces, and the second is to put a basket or some flowers into the lady's hand. I haven't decided which I'd like, but I'll know what I want to add when I see it.

Some of my favourite things are the small flowers, I had such fun fussy cutting pretty fabrics for the petals and the centres:


The next steps for the quilt are to add another sawtooth border, and then I'll be able to put all the lovely scrappy stars in place. The quilt will grow quickly from this point I think!

Before I sign off, I had some comments I wasn't able to reply to directly, so a big hello to Diane Smith, Lynn S and Deb. I also had a question from Terry regarding how I went about the sawtooth border. I did foundation piece the border, and drew the pattern up on the computer so I could print it out and know it would be accurate. I use Corel Draw, but I'm sure there are many programs that would do the same thing. Hope this helps!

I have some emails to catch up on, so I'll sign off here and check back in with you soon xox

9 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

OMG it's beautiful. Love seeing your progress! I work multiple projects depending on my mood...hugs.

Barb said...

beautiful finish!!

AnnieO said...

Happy day, for sure, to have all the appliquƩ looking so beautiful and FINISHED. Sweet flower closeup!

Paula DiMattei said...

I love those small flowers too! Your fussy cutting surely brings them to lifešŸ’•

Janet said...

The fussy cutting adds so much to the applique. I can't wait to see what you put in her hands and your facial detail. I'm sure it will be amazing. Can't believe you are getting so much done with all that is going on in your life. Enjoy.

Karen said...

I have liked this quilt design since I first saw it. You executed the design so very well.

Kyle said...

Wow! It's gorgeous. Filled with so much detail. I love how you did the flowers in the hillside. Clever!

Guusje, said...

Very beautifull.

cocoya said...

Happy day, for sure, to have all the appliquƩ looking so beautiful and FINISHED. Sweet flower closeup!
Genting Crown

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails