Sunday, August 20, 2017

New Project ...

This past week I've only managed to get one of the HOQH blocks put together, but I'm not going to be beating myself up over it, I've managed to get PLENTY done ...

Here is a sneaky peek of a new project I've been working on:


Some of the fabric is from deep stash, I can't even imagine where it came from or how long I've had it. And I have a dearth of the Christmas fabric! I hope to begin binding it tonight - but it's already almost 9.30pm so I may not get too far ...

Another thing I've been working on are lounge saving (or should I say kitty saving) devices! Our new family room sofas have arrived, and I've already caught Holly about to scratch at them ... so I made some little quilted doodads to velcro in place and thwart her destructive plans ...


I've made three so far, and I need to make three more - I'll get some more of the fabric I chose when I get to work this week.

Last of all, here's the block I made ... I can check one more off the big list:

Block 14 - Pinwheels & Sawtooth

I really should have pressed this one a little better before I took the picture - after I hit it with some Best Press it came up a treat, I promise!! The cream print in the large pinwheel part of the block - I'm not sure if it's a reproduction print, but I thought it could live in the block anyway - and then red triangles were cut offs from some of the stars in the other project I've been working on. 

It's funny, it doesn't seem to matter how many scraps of fabric I use, I keep generating more scraps, and more scraps! Looks like I'm going to be working on scrap quilts forever!!

Well, that's been my week ... what have you been working on?

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I have many cat scratchers in my living room. My furniture is saved. Occasionally I sprinkle cat nip on all the scratchers, they love it. There are six kitties that live here.

All fabrics work in your block. Yes scraps never ever get totally used up. I have been trying for years.

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

I do agree, the more your try to work your scraps away, the more you create! Love your kitty savers, quilters are so creative!

AnnieO said...

I love Christmas quilts and have another in the works too. Beautiful sofas in your lounge. Hope the anti-kitty pads work. We need to replace our furniture as well after 14 years of heavy use! Love your scrap patchwork. I'm currently buried in scraps and need to bust some!

Kyle said...

Lovely new furniture. Hope your kitty learns quickly. I agree, scraps just seem to multiple.

Sjoukje said...

I love your scrap quilt and the idea of the kitty savers! One day I really need to make a Christmas quilt too!

Janet said...

I have a weakness for Christmas quilts so love it (is the center fabric from a postage stamp line, looks familiar). Love your sofas too and the blue accents. Block is perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails