Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Lucky me!!

On Thursday last week I wasn't able to make it to guild, and I'm so disappointed that I couldn't get there, because I got the most amazing phone call! My quilt won the Viewers Choice Award!!!


I just picked up the ribbon from Vicki today and I can't stop looking at it! I almost need to pinch myself to remember that it really happened. I feel so very blessed - thank you so much to everyone who voted for my quilt - I was genuinely so very surprised, at no time did I think my quilt was a contender!! Colour me thrilled :-)

In other much less interesting news, I managed to get two more HOQH blocks put together this week:

Block 39 - Cut Glass Dish

Another bunch of 1" HST's checked off the list - I could make them in my sleep I'm sure! I wish I knew where I got that toile style fabric from - I really like it and don't think I have any more in my stash.

Block 15 - Puss in the Corner

This block looks kind of wonky in the picture which surprised me, I didn't think it looked that bad in real life. Hopefully it looks good when it's all stitched into the final quilt.

Yesterday I quilted the little top I made recently, and I'm in the middle of binding it right now, as soon as I have a chance I'll share a picture, it's looking quite sweet. Chatter soon folks! xox

9 comments:

Lynn S said...

Horray!!!! What a beautiful quilt--so very, very happy for you! Congratulations!

Shirley said...

Congratulations on your award. The blocks look great.

Lynette said...

Oh, well done! That's exciting. Your quilt certainly deserved the distinction.

Janet said...

Well deserved ribbon for you. Congratulations. Wish I could see it in person. Love the fabric choices on the blocks, yes I love that toile too. Thank you for sharing.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Congratulations! Viewer's Choice is my favorite ribbon. It means more to me what the show attendees think than the judges. Well deserved for sure!

Kootenay Quilter said...

Congratulations on your quilt that did so well at the show. 3 big wins!! So nice to see such beautiful hand work recognized at the shows.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Congratulations on your ribbon--so fun for you! Your blocks are wonderful--love the fabrics you have put together.

Anonymous said...

Tazzie, Beautiful quilt. Congratulations, glad to hear of your winning three ribbons for your Caswell Quilt. The toile fabric in your Cut Glass Dish Block 39 looked like a blue toile fabric I have, so I went looking for my fabric, but I don't think it is the same. My fabric is called Staples by Marsha Mc Closley for CLOTHWORKS www.clothworkstextiles.com. My fabric is a close second to yours. Jane

Tanya said...

So pleased you won viewers choice, i voted for you. In fact i wrote the number all over the front and back of the voting slip just so they'd know how much i loved it lol. Great work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails