Friday, July 21, 2017

Small Projects

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind comments on my last post - it was lovely to hear from everyone, as well as so many people that don't regularly comment. I've responded to all that I can, if I haven't responded to your message, I wanted to, but your email address didn't come to me. But thank you for commenting all the same!

I'm so looking forward to collecting my quilt tomorrow, and pinning my newest ribbons to the pinboard is going to be fun.

Today I'm having one of those days where it's hard to get motivated. I've finally moseyed into the sewing palace, and hopefully I can get some fabric moving around. Yesterday though, I managed to get something done:

One of my lovely friends is going through some tough times at the moment, so I've made her a little worry quilt:



I know it won't change anything for her, but I hope whenever she holds it, she'll know she's loved.

And earlier in the week I finished up a cot quilt I was asked to put together:


I was given the panel and I cut it apart to add fabric and make it larger. It was indeed serendipity that I have coordinating fabrics in my stash. But back to the panel for a moment ... it's baffling to me how out of square they can become - the individual blocks of this panel were 11" square, and some of them were almost a full inch askew - crazy!!

And for fun a strippy back to make it more interesting, the red and blue prints having been given to me also:



All these projects were put together and quilted with Bernie the elder, she's such a workhorse. Bernie the younger is still at the health spa, and hopefully returning soon.

Not sure what I'll be working on this afternoon, but I'm thinking it's been a while since I worked on the Honouring our Quilting Heritage blocks, so they may be contenders. I've also been doing a little designing, it's been fun to have the time to be creative again.

Chatter soon!! xox

4 comments:

Janet said...

Very pretty worry quilt. The cot quilt is so cute. You are getting so much done. You have got to be so proud of the ribbons. Where will your quilt head to next? Wish it would make its way here to the IQS in HOuston.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a wonderfully sweet thing to do. I like to think that people feel comfort in the quilts that we give them. I'm sure your friend will cherish this one. I know what you mean about panel frustration. Sometimes I get the urge to buy a cute little panel and then I remember how frustrating it can be to square them up! This one is adorable and well worth the effort. Thanks for sharing.

NickiJ said...

I love how you term your special room as the "sewing palace"! Sounds like magical things get done in there :) You are a good friend to give another friend a little something to take their mind off the bad moments in their life right now. Love what you did with the panel too, very inspiring.

loulee said...

Two lovely quilts. I particularly like the thought in the worry quilt. A beautiful way to show a friend she is cared for. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails