Sunday, July 23, 2017

Honouring our Quilting Heritage - 2 blocks

Late Friday afternoon I spent some time putting a couple of blocks together. I haven't worked on these in many months, so it took me a while to get back in the zone. Two blocks are added to the finished tally, and hopefully I'll get some more made soon:

Block 9 - Mystery Flower Garden

Not super pleased with the points on the bottom pink triangle in the block above. It's tempting to take it apart and see if I can't do a better job there - you all know I'm super fussy about points.

Block 11 - Chained Star

Much happier with this block - I don't think I need to change a thing. Yay!

I'm still working through my scraps with this project. After working on so many scrap projects over the last few years you'd think they'd be lessening ... but no, my scrap baskets appear to be getting fuller by the day. Baffling!!

Today I'll try and put a couple more blocks together, and then I'd like to get busy again working on the People Quilt project. So Much Fun!!

6 comments:

Janet said...

Great blocks. Your fabric choices are perfect as always. Thank you for sharing.

Chantal said...

Awesome blocks! Love your choice of fabrics in these two blocks. Don't worry about the pink points. You see it because you looked closely at it while sewing the block. Once in the quilt, with all the other beautiful blocks and the gorgeous fabric to look at, those little details tend to disappear. Enjoy! ;^)

Linda said...

Scraps are like hangers--they multiply in the dark when you're not watching! Love your blocks and I wouldn't worry bout the pink triangle--can you see it from 10 feet away?

Kyle said...

Not sure what happens to the scraps when they're left alone. . They'd do seem to multiple. Great blocks. Ok, I'd probably undo that seam and adjust that pink block just a little. It wooukdnt take much effort. 🙃🙃

Kyle said...

Gosh, it wouldn't take much effort if I could spell correctly! I'll blame it on my IPad.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Hmmm, it must be my monitor, I don't see anything wrong with the pink triangles. Both blocks are beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails