Sunday, March 12, 2017

Block Exchange

For many years now I have been an honourary member of the Quilt Batts quilt group - the members are all lovely friends of mine in the USA, and I love visiting with them when I am stateside. At one of their retreats early in each year they exchange Christmas blocks, and I'm part of the exchange, but usually from afar.

My block arrived in the mail this week, and I was the lucky recipient of a block from Liz:

Isn't the block just fabulous? All those tiny pieces and the precise points. Thank you so much Liz, I just love it!

And this is the block I made for Deb:

Oops, the block is sideways in the picture, but you get the idea :-) I put the block together just after Christmas so I was still feeling festive, and you may recognise the feature fabric as a fairly recent purchase at Hetties.

I have the name of the person I'll be exchanging with next year, and I have plenty of time to think of what I'd like to make them. Happy days! :-)

6 comments:

Janet said...

Fabulous blocks. Fabric choices are perfect.

Lynette said...

Those are both so pretty

AnnieO said...

Wow, both are beautiful! It's hard to tell how big they are. Have fun with this year's choices!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! They are both beautiful. It will feel like Christmas here tomorrow as we are expecting 18" of snow. That's right, and only 8 more days until spring!

Kyle said...

Exchanges can be fun and it looked like it went well for both you and Deb.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely tree block and I adore that cardinal fabric. But speaking of precise points, yours are perfect! Such a talented quilter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails