Friday, November 14, 2014

More Excitement!

A big thank you to my sweet friend Bridget - on two counts!

First up, she's at the Craft Fair today, and visited with my quilt. She snapped some pictures for me, as I'm just not sure when I'm going to get a chance to go there ...


My goodness it's a big quilt, and I have to say that I'm feeling quite proud that it's hanging nice and flat. It's a tough gig attaching a border to such a heavily pieced quilt, and Lizzy's amazing quilting was the icing on the cake :-)


And a gratuitous close up so you can see more of Lizzy's fantastic quilting. A ribbon for her, and one for me too :-) Sue Garman's pattern is just wonderful - and it was a delight for me to put the quilt top together - albeit a good deal faster than I anticipated I would.

I'm just so thrilled that my quilt did so well, I really hope I get an opportunity to visit with it before the show ends on Sunday. 

And the second big thank you for Bridget: She knows my love of Nutcrackers, and my boundless enthusiasm to fill my home with them during the Christmas season ... well, she found one and gifted it to me:

He's front and centre there with the gold crown and green glittery legs - isn't he so very cute? I only have seven large Nutrackers (and about eleventy small ones on the tree) so it's not much of a collection really, but I really like them and see more in my future. There's one in Myer that's about a metre tall ... and at $100 is a little rich for me ... but trust me, I'll be there with bells on if he's still around in the post-Xmas sales!

Last of all - I'm waiting on a special parcel today - I may or may not (can't prove anything 'till they arrive) have ordered some shoes at around midnight on Wednesday. It's all for a good cause ... Guild's 20's night:


These will be perfect with the outfit I have planned - a red sheath dress with a black lace overlay, and a feather headband with a red rhinestone. Should be super fun. She shoes are Diana Ferrari's Lamour, and I purchased them from Birdsnest. I'm sad to say that they were the last pair. I think it was serendipity that the last pair they had were my size - they were meant to be :-)

**Just as I was typing this, the doorbell rang, and they have arrived ... OMG, they are beautiful!! Happy days!!**

Well, that's it from me, I have work to do in the sewing room today, and a bunch of chores to do, so I will chatter soon! xox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking me in hon. It is always a pleasure working on your quilts and this was no exception. Glad to see it hanging nice and square and flat. And those shoes are just gorgeous. Serendipitous find indeed.

Shay said...

I always get such a thrill seeing your lovely work get publicly recognised. You and Lizzie knocked it out of the park with this quilt and this win is so richly deserved. Maybe one day I'll be able to make such a beautifully intricate masterpiece.

Sue said...

Very well done Tazzie. Your quilt is beautiful and is well deserved of a prize. :-)

AnnieO said...

Well deserved as even at top speed your piecing is excellent!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails