Monday, June 23, 2014

You cannot handle the cuteness ...

Early last week my pattern order from Sue Garman arrived - OMG, I was so excited and tore into the mailer - I couldn't wait to check them out! I should have shared a pic of the patterns with you, but for whatever reason I was too flaky to take that picture, so I'll save it for next time. But let me tell you that I was so excited to get working on Omigosh! that I started cutting immediately:

Those strips you see are 1in wide, so when all seams are done, the pieces will be 1/2in finished. Yes, you read that correctly. Isn't the quilt so aptly named?? Omigosh!

And of course, I couldn't stop at cutting, I had to try a little piecing. I'd had some advice from Otto recently that was going to help me with accuracy and the new machine - I'm trying a different foot - just not happy enough with the quarter inch foot. Happy days, things seem to be going okay at the moment ...


So, those little cuties that you see there are 2in at the moment ... and they'll be 1.5in finished - aren't they adorable?? A real test for accurate machine piecing. So far so good ... and I'm thinking if I keep going with this, it will be a real scrap eater!! Until now I had never saved 1in strips, nothing smaller than 1.5in strips actually, so I guess I'll have to add 1in to the rota too!

Also in the picture above, a little tin that I purchased while working at Hetties Patch. They always have the most adorable things, this combined with my complete lack of self control meant it had to come home with me. I can see myself using it for stitching hexies while I'm out and about.

Next up is another little thing I put together last week (or it could have been late the week before) I have totally lost track of time! It's just a little something I'm passing on to a friend:

It's always so nice to piece something small, and then quilt on it - you don't have all that bulk to deal with and it looks pretty without fail. I don't have a lot of batik fabric in my stash, and I really need to change that, as it's just lovely to work with.

And last up for today, Friday was my little man's birthday. Time is just going so fast, how can he possibly be twelve already??

He'll always be a tiny man to me!

8 comments:

Noela said...

Such tiny blocks, just gorgeous. Love your finish, it is nice to work on something small every now and again. Hugs....

Judy Ducrou said...

Love the blocks and love the fact your in Australia!!!

Judy

Carmen y Prady said...

Trabajos hechos con amor, preciosos. Felicidades a tu hombrecito.
Un b eso.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my grandson just turn 14 and time flies doesn't it - you have such a handsome young man.
I can tell you are so excited about Omigosh and I think your enthusiasm will rub off on me - I have so many scraps to use up and I have been looking at this pattern for so long I really should get it.

Beth said...

Omigosh is on my bucket list! I am doing a hand applique pattern of hers I found a few yrs ago in QuiltMaker. Only one more block to go and then I can move on to something else. She has SO many to choose from!

Missy Shay said...

I love your small quilt!

Nancy said...

What a FUN post. The tiny blocks are adorable, but I think I'll pass on making my own. Yikes! They are tiny!

Shay said...

Happy Birthday Camo!

Taz - Im not one bit surprised the Omigosh took your fancy - those teeny tiny pieces are right up your alley. Your piecing is brilliant as always...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails