Monday, June 09, 2014

More Broderie Perse

Though I haven't had much stitching time this weekend, I have had stolen moments where I've been able to put some more bits and pieces in place on my Montmellick project ...

I'm thrilled with how it's coming along. In the beginning I thought it looked so sparse, but each new piece really brings this border to life. Just a few more leaves and one more cluster of flowers and this border will be done.

I've also been looking at a picture that is on the Di Ford Mystery group on the Facebooks, trying to determine whether the next pieced border is 3" finished, or 2.5" finished. I'd love to get a start on it, but think I'm going to have to exercise patience - I just can't be sure and don't want to mess it up!

When I finish up with the applique this afternoon, I have a little job to do ... a sewing job, but not a fun quilting job:

I get to take the hem up on these jeans I purchased yesterday. I'm only 5'2", so I almost always have to take my jeans up, and I don't mind confessing it's not a job that I love.

There are many times when I can buy the petite size which is for us shorter folk, but when you see cute jeans like these ones that were on sale, you just have to grab them regardless of the length. I'm just loving all the checks and houndstooth styles that are going around at the moment. Hopefully they don't date so fast that I won't be able to wear them next year too.

Well, that's it from me - I'm off to get the last of the border appliquéd. And I'll be doing that in front of the heater ... it's COLD here right now!! Chatter soon :-) xox


4 comments:

sandra said...

Your mountmellick us looking beautiful!! Mine has come to a standstill. My applique is not as good as I would like so I have become a bit disheartened. I need to remember that finished is better than perfect. Cute jeans!!! I like houndstooth and tartan as well.and hate hemming, but I'm tall so don't need to:)

Shay said...

I hate hemming pants - my sewing machine just wont do it- its like its an insult to ask it or something!

Sue said...

LOVE the pink and blue fabrics you are using Tazzie. They are so vibrant.
DH asked me just before Easter "where are those trousers I bought last year?" Soooo....I spent Easter Sunday hemming 4 pairs of trousers. I thought if I had to do 1 pair I may as well do 4 and get it over and done with :-))

Missy Shay said...

Your quilts are such show pieces, do you put them on your bed or hang them on the wall?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails