Monday, April 07, 2014

Part Two finished :-)

This evening I finished part two of the Di Ford Mystery BOM. I didn't think I'd be able to get the time, but instead of heading to the shops today, I prepped and stitched hexagons, and while waiting for Camo at tennis training, I appliquéd them to the background fabric. Tomorrow is going to be super busy as a result, but I am so glad I can go on holidays with this little project off my mind.

Here are the hexies before I sewed them to the border strips:


Ugh, both of my pictures are blurry again - maybe I need to clean my lens? Clearly a little technical help required from the hubster. But I wanted to share this picture with you so you could see the teeny size of the hexies - they're half inch. And they only just fit on the block - the seam allowance will just skim the edges of the hexagons.

And here are the final borders in place:


I'm thrilled with how it's looking, and can't wait to see what is coming up in Part Three. I'm guessing the next magazine is due to come out in May? How will I ever be so patient?

When I have better light tomorrow, I'll try and take a less blurry picture - check in with you all soon! xox

7 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Those hexies are the perfect touch! Whenver I take a picture, I always take 2 or 3 so that at least one of them will turn out!

Sjoukje said...

Wow, I really like it! Your choice of color is always great.

Shay said...

It really is amazing. You're so brave ...I'd never ever do hexies that small!

Enjoy your next week or so . You're going to have a blast!

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

Tazzie,, the quilt is beautiful! You put me to shame. I am looking at blogs & not sewing a lick. I do have the best intentions!! Keep making me look really bad!!!!! Ha ha!
Have fun on your holiday.

Sue said...

Just Lovely!

Lynn said...

All I can say is that it would take me years to get what you have done on this quilt in such a short amount of time. It is beautiful!

Linda said...

AWESOME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails