Thursday, March 28, 2013

Show and Tell

Today at class, one of my sweet girls - Julie, brought in show and tell for us. She's been working hard on this project this year, and it's a gift for her best friend's birthday. Julie even delayed the gift giving so we could see the finished result:


Isn't it adorable? I believe it was in an Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine recently, but I don't know the details of the issue etc. If anyone has those details, feel free to share :-) I just love the fabrics Julie chose, they're so bright and cheerful.

In other news, I've been Weight Watcher-ing these past two weeks, and I'm thrilled that I've lost just over 2kg. Early successes will give me the motivation to keep at it. Yesterday Marty wanted to go with me to the grocery store after work, and then he had to dash out to a meeting soon after we got home. So that dinner was easy, I grabbed a couple of frozen pizzas for him and the kids, and I picked up a Weight Watchers one for myself. Check this out:


The temptation of the picture on the box certainly didn't match up to the reality of what was inside. Not very inspiring at all! See on the box there it says 'Now even Better' - makes you wonder what it was like before, doesn't it? It's not often that I grab fast food like this, and you can be sure I won't be doing it again! Ugh!

Hopefully I'll be able to stick to the plan and be good over the Easter break. Wish me luck people! xox

4 comments:

Nancy said...

The quilt is lovely.

I'm curious: how did the pizza taste?

thea said...

Good luck ..

Deb said...

Good luck with the WW. I tried using some of their products but being diabetic I found other things which had less sugar and fat and actually tasted better, so don't rely on them but like we are always told =read the labelling.
Love the mat that you made for your Mum, gorgeous.

Lynn said...

Weight Watchers is the best program. I joined October 10th and have lost 33 pounds now and at my goal. Remember to track, do a bit of exercise and find things you love to eat that have lower P+ values. Best of luck with the program!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails