So, what have I been doing these past few days? I haven't been slacking off - I promise! On Friday during the day I completed the last of the hexagon units I shared with you, and then in the evening I attached the outside borders to Mrs Billings Coverlet.
Today I've cut an inch off each border and sewed them back on again. I'm much happier with the end result. The picture above was taken after I took the fullness out, so you can imagine how bad it was before. It still looks a little puffy, but some of that is because the previous border is so heavily pieced that it pulls on the outer border, and also because I need to give the top a good press. When the appliqué is in place, this top will look perfect!
Other than quilting, this has been such a busy weekend - Friday Camo came home from school camp. He had such a great time, and he was just worn out. Piles of laundry came home with him, so I've been busy getting on top of that. Sat night was Amy's boyfie's 21st birthday party. In the morning my friend and I went to the plaza, and I had make-up done for the event. It was such a lovely treat, and something I've never done before. Loved it! In the afternoon, it was stitching at Claire's house - always fun to see the girls, plenty of chatter and giggles. Then in the evening, the party - super fun. Today we're watching the F1 GP and catching up on all things that need to be done.
Hopefully I can get a start on the appliqué this evening, I'm dying to see how it will look! Chatter soon :-)