Saturday, December 03, 2011

TFW - Block 18

Last night I made up Block 18 - Century of Progress from my Farmers Wife project.

I need to take out the bottom right hand portion of the block and have another go at it - it just doesn't line up well enough. If it weren't 1am when I completed the block, I would have done it immediately ... there comes a time when a girl really has to sleep. I've decided I'll make a few more blocks and come back to it. Sometimes it's better to leave things be for a little :-)

Update: And I should add that I changed the placement of some of the colours in the block. The block in the book lacked a little symmetry I thought, and you all know how that can bug me ...

And I'm still completely on a high from my amazing news at guild on Thursday night. Just can't believe that my NI quilt won viewers choice. Thank you all for your amazing comments and congratulations, both here and on the Facebooks. This past month has truly been the most amazing ever! xox

5 comments:

Pip said...

At first I couldn't see what you were talking about and then I had a closer look. Yeah, sometimes it's better to leave it, do something else and then come back to it.

AnnieO said...

I had to study the block too! But keeping things lined up from the get go is sure easier than trying to fudge them together when assembling the rows! Congrats again on your amazing news--it is truly touching to have recognition from the quilting fans!

Unknown said...

I tried to see the mistake, but my eyes are not so great anymore...
But I just love your fabric choices! it is so old world!! Congrats on your blue ribbon!

*karendianne. said...

Well I'd be completely on a high from that news as well. Viewer's Choice. Whatever the *officials* thought and think - the people spoke! To me, well, that just means so much. I hope I'm getting "it."

I didn't notice the problem with the block at first then I did and I "get that!" Keep us posted with this one.

annieB said...

Hi sorry left my comment on the wrong post - The Century of Progress block - I have five each of 23 and 23r the tan colour in the book. It makes the block look like a beacon with the other colours radiating. My block has a top and bottom. the solid colours are the stand at the bottom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails