Yay for school holidays! More time on my hands = piecing on my own projects. While watching the men's final at Wimbledon the other night, I made up more green/cream nine patches. I had made 81, but decided I'd like 100. So, you see the results in the basket. I'm no closer to deciding what fabric I'll use for setting squares. I'll stew over that for a little longer.
Today and yesterday I pieced away mindlessly. Do you remember this top I made a little while back? Well, I finally finished the pieced border. I made up 44 nine patches, and a couple of little extra bits, stitched them all together, and the wonderfully scrappy border is the result. Ohhh, and I also moved two of the larger squares - there were two red/pink squares placed closely together, and I decided I just couldn't live with it. I should have known that would be the case.
Here's a close up of one of the corners. I love the result. It's very busy - and definitely a stash buster ... if only it reduced the stash a little more visibily. There will be many more scrap quilts in my future.
I'll have to get busy with some quilting tonight - much as I'd love to continue piecing, work beckons for now.