Friday, July 17, 2009

New Leaders and Enders

Today I have been machine quilting, and doing various chores ALL day. I finally finished all the things I wanted/needed to do at 11pm, and because I just didn't feel like sleeping yet, I got busy organising a new leader and ender project. Holly thought she'd help too :-)

A little while back I had started these random nine patches using repro fabrics and 2" squares. I had no idea where they were going, and tonight I decided I'd frame a couple, to see if that's what direction the project will take.

Kinda cute I think - let's see if I can make any kind of dent in my 2" strips. I have high hopes :-)

11 comments:

M. Regina said...

What a nice idea.Beautiful block. Hugs from Brazil

loulee said...

I agree with the cat, it all looks very interesting.

Elsie Montgomery said...

These are pretty. I can see two quilts here!

*karendianne. said...

Very "kinda cute" and I'll be watching to see what fun we have with these.

Michele said...

Very cute indeed! Can't wait to see how it all goes together! Good luck!

Hedgehog said...

Very cute!

Betsy said...

I like it very much.

Anonymous said...

I like it! I have a pile of 9's too and I think I will do this to mine also! Shelley

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I think your scrappy blocks are very cute and the framing of them just sets them off nicely!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Lori in South Dakota said...

Strips breed like rabbits, the only birth control is to corral them in a quilt! I like the 9 patches sewn in the middle of the sashings. Repros are always a good choice!

June Ingram said...

I love the idea, will look wonderful and what a great way to use up all those small squares, and scraps... Good thinking ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails