Do you remember late last year I was talking about the quilt that was going into the magazine? I had forgotten all about it until the other day when I pulled the quilt out of the cabinet, and realised I still hadn't shared a picture with you.
The quilt appeared in Australian Patchwork & Quilting in around December, and my next is due in print soon, with another to be sent off next month ... busy busy busy!
Well, here it is! The log cabin blocks are 5" finished, and I have to confess I don't remember how many are in the quilt, but it's over 100. I think there are 36 in the centre section ... and hmmm ... if I wasn't feeling so lazy today I'm sure I could work out the rest.
The blocks are all made from strips and strings left over from Thimbleberries club projects over the years. It's amazing how much of that stuff can build up. I actually managed to put a huge dent in them, but I think it's built up again already!
The picture is prior to quilting. After I quilted it, I put little clusters of buttons at the interections of the swags. It looks really cute. I named it 'Too many Log Cabins are never enough'. In the magazine they called it 'Never Enough Log Cabins' I'm assuming for typesetting reasons. It's among my favourite quilts right now ...