Friday, December 22, 2006

It's almost time ...

Here are the Christmas Table mats I've been working on, as of about 1am this morning. I'm just getting ready to sew the binding down on seven of them. Why seven? Ohhh, because I ran one 2" strip short of binding at about quarter to one this morning. It's no biggie, I'll just run out and get a little more fabric in a minute. I will start stressing if they don't have any left, but I only got the binding fabric a couple days ago ... so it shouldn't be a problem ... *fingers crossed* Apologies for the blurry picture - late nights and cameras don't mix :-)

Last night Marty and I went out to dinner by ourselves for the first time in a looooong time. I actually can't remember the last time. It was so nice ... a local Italian restaurant ... a little red wine. It was like pre-children days. You know what, I kept feeling like I was forgetting something ... and I realised I was subconsciously looking about for the kids. I'm sure they've had a wonderful time with my Mum and Dad. I hope Cam was okay with the storms last night, he's so scared of them.

This is likely to be the last post I'll have a chance to put up until after Boxing Day, so please everyone have a safe and wonderful holiday with your family and friends.

x o x

12 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I am assuming by table mat you mean mug mat--like the ones you have been showing us that match the mugs that give as presents. I love them!

Pam said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

You will be celebrating Christmas 19 hours before we do!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hanne said...

Merry Christmas to you too :-)
I am sure you will find more binding fabric. If not, find something very similar and put in for the last piece. Nobody will notice if you done point it out, and if they do you know they look close at your work ;-)

Ali Honey said...

They'll be lovely however you finish them.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas Tazzie.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Merry Christmas Tazzie! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Angie said...

The table mats are gorgeous! Here's wishing you and yours a Christmas that is merry and bright...and the most warmest, quiltiest of New Years!
Angie

Cher said...

hope you have a happy holiday! those mats came out too cute.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Simonetta said...

Merry Christmas Tazzie!!!

Susan said...

I have that same fabric of blocks from another project......... I have been wondering what to do with it and now you have given me an idea. No it will not be table mats. I want a whole quilt of log cabins with those centers.

Thanks ever so much Tazzie

Darlene said...

Tazzie, I hope you've been having enjoyable days! Happy holidays to you and yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails