Friday, March 24, 2023

Quickie post!

Hi there friends, this week I've been working really hard to get through all my deadline projects, and I'm so thrilled to report that I'm really getting there!

I've pieced this quilt top, and it won't take long to quilt once I've pinned it:

I'll use a light coloured thread and an all over design. Not sure what I'll use for binding yet as all the fun prints were fat quarters, but I know I'll have something cute in my stash. This is one of the sweet Flinders Kids patterns, I love how it came out, and I'm going to use it for some donation quilts later in the year as it was super fun to put together.

I've got a good start on the last of my deadline projects, I'm quilting on this sweet top for a friend. I don't quilt for others very much anymore, but I was happy to do this one:

I'm trying to work on my quilting repertoire, when it comes to machine quilting I'm a bit of a three trick pony - I'm usually happiest with the results when I venture out of my comfort zone a bit, so I don't know why I don't try more often. Please don't look too closely, the experts among you will see all the imperfections, but I'm happy and I know my friend will be too.

And last of all for this post, I wanted to do something just for me that has been hanging around for A LONG TIME!


Did I share this dress while it was a work in progress? Well, I stalled when it got time to attach the neck band. I was kind of scared of messing it up as it's usually the most noticeable part of the garment. Anyway, with advice from one of my quilting friends, and a dose of courage, I basted the neckband in place, overlocked it to the body of the dress, and then used the coverstitch machine to topstitch it down nicely. I did have to do some unpicking, but I got there in the end, and now I have no clue why I waited so long! Now I want to find some more knit fabric and make some more to take on holidays with me.

So that has been my week. I'm going to get back to quilting now, I hope to have the black fabric area of the quilt finished before I head to bed tonight, so I must get moving! Chatter soon friends :-)

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I think the quilting looks beautiful and perfect to me! The neckline on your dress looks great, good job! Happy stitching!

Janet O. said...

You are busy with a variety of projects. I have to say that if the small amount of quilting I can see on that center photo is one of your three tricks, you do your tricks very well!
Nice job on the neckline. Back in my clothing sewing days I did a lot of knit tops and dresses for my girls, but very little for myself. Don't know that I'd even remember how to do it now.

Jeanette said...

Love the kids quilt. Nice pattern. Your quilting looks wonderful to me. Job well done on the neckline.

Janet said...

I would say mission accomplished, you got a lot done. Very cute quilt and I love the way you are quilting it. Yes, I agree with the above, you do work on a variety of projects and get them done.
Enjoy your weekend.

kiwikid said...

Lovey quilt and your quilting looks amazing! Well done with the neck band.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails