Saturday, February 04, 2023

Sewing room time ...

So this past week I was able to spend a nice amount of time in the sewing room. I got some more hand quilting done - it's slow going so there's never a lot to show for my time, but I'm chipping away at it:

I never grow tired of hand quilting, it's so relaxing.

There was also time to get a couple more of the Morrell blocks put together. The hexie block just needs a little more stitching down, and then trimming:

It's a shame this is the only EPP hexie block in this quilt, it was really fun and a great portable project.

This nine patch was an easy one to complete and I had fun choosing the fabrics:

The fabric with the little fishbowls was gifted to me by our lovely friend Wendy Caton Reed. I just adore it. Wendy sent me a package of darling conversational prints, and I have been holding them for a special project. This quilt is the one where I'll use a few! Thank you so much Wendy, you're such a darling for sharing. 

So that's where I'm up to right now with the Morrell quilt, and my hand quilting. This month I need to put three baby quilts together, so I may have to hold back on the Morrell blocks for a little bit - I'll put my head down and see how much I can get done. Chatter soon!

11 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Happy to see you have spent so much time in the sewing room (aka happy place). I love the block you made from those darling conversational prints. I wish you had shown everyone the fabulous little quilt you made me as a thank you! Guess I will have to post it myself - wink! I truly adore it. I'm trying to get caught up on blog reading and posting. It does take way those precious sewing moments though. It was 15 below zero at my house this morning!! It promises to warm up by tomorrow but for now I am staying warm in the sewing room. Hope you have a super day!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like your hexie block and those fishbowl are so cute! Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your work is always so nice and neat I love the quilting and the hexies block

Quilting Babcia said...

Your nine-patch block is a beauty, and perfect for featuring that wonderful fishbowl print! I hope you have a few more bits of that fabric to include in another block or two of your quilt, it's so sweet.

Julierose said...

I love your flower quilt that you are hand stitching--it is so beautiful--great colors; and such a pretty hexagon...nice works going on at your place hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Love the fish bowl print, so cute. Lovely blocks for your Morell quilt

kiwikid said...

The fishbowl print is so cute! Love the hexie and nine patch, you had a productive time in your sewing room.

Janet said...

You have me itching to hand pieced some blocks. It has been at least 6 year since I have.
Lily is coming along and looks fabulous. Your fabric choices are beautiful for the Morrell.
Have a great weekend.

Kyle said...

Having a project or projects that you love working on is such a happy place.

Pam said...

Lovely blocks. I am with you on the baby quilt making. I need 7 by July. 6 down, 1 to go

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Doing good on that hand quilting! I stopped all hand work to finish up all UFO quilt tops and they are all quilted now. 13 were sent out~. I will be doing a lot of binding and selecting the ones to show this year. I miss working on my applique, but I have 10 quilts to hand quilt. I will see if I can continue cleaning of the UFOs and binding without stopping and moving on to something new. But with each completion it is a relief! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails