Friday, January 27, 2023

Helllooo ...

Hi there lovely friends, as predicted, I didn't manage to put a post together last week. And I didn't manage to get much stitching done either:

This is my first block of the Morrell quilt (by our sweet late friend Di Ford Hall). I hand pieced this block entirely, and just loved it! It has been ages since I've done much actual hand piecing. I plan to do more!

And I got a small start on my hexies for my second block of the quilt:

English paper piecing is so much fun!

But I do have a good reason for this inactivity from a quilting perspective ... my extended family went on another Pacific Island Cruise! Yay!

We spent a night in Sydney before we set off:



Our hotel was one street away from the Overseas Passenger Terminal, in the historic Rocks district, absolutely adjacent to some very famous landmarks.

Our chariot was waiting for us when we woke up the next morning.




So many fabulous things on board the Ovation of the Seas. Most of them (as is my usual form) I didn't manage to photograph ...





Noumea never disappoints!




An unexpected stop in Bay of Islands, New Zealand.

And then it was time to head home.

We had the very best time. It was my whole family, 12 of us. My parents, my brothers and their families and my own family. With so many people there is always something to do, and some fun to be had. I am so blessed that we all love to spend time together.

In April, along with my Mum and Dad as well as Amy and Mary, I'm heading off on another cruise. This time from Brisbane to Hawaii. We can't wait. The lads are staying home to keep house, and I'll be sure to have a great time on their behalf. In the meantime we're still floating on a cloud of happy after our wonderful holiday. I'm catching up on all the things here ... and I'll check in with you all as I can. Chatter soon! xox

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks like you had fun, I've never been much for cruises but I know a lot enjoy them

Chris said...

I love what you have done with the first Morrell block. It gives me ideas. I might try to EPP that one. Maybe. I booked out flights to Australia. We might have 2 days wiggle room to do something in Sydney.

Jeanette said...

Looks like you all had loads of fun & made some lovely memories. Love the block & the hexies.

Kyle said...

Your trip looks so fun. I've been able to visit Sydney twice and loved every moment.

Janet said...

What a wonderful reason not to post. Just beautiful. And, to have the family together is even more beautiful/wonderful. Your pictures say so much.
Wow, on your hand piecing, it looks perfect and like it was done on a machine.
As always thank you for continuing to blog and share your quilting journey.

Janet O. said...

Looks like such a fun time! I haven't been on that ship, but I have seen it in port when I have cruised. You visited some beautiful places--and how nice that your whole family could go.

Nancy said...

Your blocks are amazing. What an excellent stitcher you are, Tazzie!
Your trip looks like it was such fun--to be with family and all the wonderful experiences. And then the views! I hope you arrived home refreshed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails