Friday, December 09, 2022

Closing in on Christmas ...

It's 11.30pm here, so I'm just going to get this post up on time. I've been babysitting sweet little Mary tonight, and I accidentally left the laptop in the room where she was sleeping - I didn't want to go in there until she'd gone home as she's a light sleeper and would pop up like a jack in the box if I cracked the door open!

Anyway, I've got a couple of pictures to quickly share. I've started working on a little hand quilting on Lily Rosenberry, it's all I want to do at the moment - I should have some blocks of free time this weekend to indulge my quilt loving self. I had some secret squirrel projects I was working on, and I'll share those with you later, but because they're finished I can hand quilt to my hearts content!

Because the centre area of the quilt is so busy the quilting will mostly be crosshatching and outlining, but there will be lots of wonderful opportunities for lovely quilting in the border with it's lovely open spaces. I'm really looking forward to it.

Also, I've developed a mild addiction to the mmmCrafts felt ornaments. I've decided I'll work on bunches of them for little Mary. This picture is my start on the Partridge in a Pear tree ornament set from the Twelve Days of Christmas series.

I'm going to include the year on them all so they'll be a fun keepsake for her. 

Other than hand quilting and getting ready for Christmas, I plan to put together a few block kits for the next project I want to work on - The Morrell Quilt by Di Ford-Hall. Some of the blocks will be lovely candidates for hand piecing, so I'd like to be able to take a few on holidays with me etc. I'll start making decisions on fabrics - it would be so nice to work from my stash. Let's see if I can make that happen.

That's all I have to report for today, I hope I have more eye candy for you next week! Chatter soon xox

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

totally understand not wanting to take a chance on the little one waking up from a door cracking open!! Love the quilt and will love to see the quilting start on this one.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lily is so beautiful! I can't wait to see what fabrics you use in the Morrell quilt, happy stitching!

Chris said...

Seriously??? The Morrell???? I pulled mine out of the archives and put it onto the big design wall the other day. I have it about 1/3 done. Been working on it since 2015. I love that quilt! Carol Egan from Stitcher on the Hill introduced me to it. I am using French general fabrics. A different one for each block. It would be fun to join you in the journey.

kiwikid said...

Very good idea not to disturb the little one while sleeping. Your quilt looks amazing, I like the pear decoration.

Janet said...

Oh wow can't wait to see the progress you make on Lily. I will continue to say, "you are amazing". Enjoy your weekend.

Nancy said...

Isn't it amazing how those babies and toddlers can wake up so quickly!
Your quilt is gorgeous! The photograph is so wonderful, maybe the best you've shown so far to give detail of the fabrics, colors, and stitching. I'm so glad you'll have free time this weekend to quilt. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Lilly is so beautiful. Will be exciting to see when you have completed the quilting. I have lost my mojo on quilting for awhile. Maybe in January. Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails