Friday, October 07, 2022

Dresden Plates

Hi there friends! This week I've had a fixation with Dresden Plate blocks, so I ran with it and got a couple of projects started:

The first one that I managed to get finished (and a pattern written) is for my Etsy store - a little pattern for Halloween decorating. It's the first Halloween project I've ever made, and I love it! And they're my first decorations I've ever purchased for the holiday too - if we should get any trick-or-treaters, I'll be ready for them!

And the second Dresden Plate themed item I'm working on is a tree skirt. The other tree skirt pattern I have in my Etsy store goes crazy in the second half of the year, so I thought it might be nice to give people another option. I didn't get as far as I'd like, but here's where I'm up to:

It's about 42" across, but for some reason it seems much larger. I really like it, and I'll look forward to using it at Christmas time. Hopefully I'll have it in my Etsy store in the next week or so,

One of the reasons that I haven't had much stitching time lately is because I've been super busy painting the little wooden heads for mmmCrafts ornaments. When I made a couple or ornaments a little while back I received so many compliments on the little painted faces, so for fun I listed a few painted beads in my shop too. I had absolutely no clue how popular they would be, and as we get closer and closer to Christmas people are buying more and more of them! It thrills me that people are so pleased with the work I'm doing for them - nothing makes me happier.

So over the next week I plan to finish up the tree skirt, quilt the little Churn Dash top I shared last week, and get a good start on the second border for Lily Rosenberry. It seems like a lot of work, but I feel confident that I can do it!

Thank you so much for all the comments on my recent posts, I love reading them - and a big thank you to Elsie Montgomery - you always leave the sweetest messages, but your email address doesn't come to me so that I'm able to reply. That's all from me for now, I hope you've all had a great week, and chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Tazzie. Dresdens are favourites of mine and I've completed a large tablecloth and a single bed quilt using them. I'm interested in the tree skirt and have noted it. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Jeanette said...

Love Dresdens so am looking forward to making the mat. I couldn't get fabric locally so my sister went to her local shop & got Hallowwen fabrics for me. Now to wait for the post to arrive. :)

cityquilter grace said...

that halloween mat is adorable!

kiwikid said...

I like your Dresdens, I am sure they will be very popular. The painted faces are cute too.

Janet said...

Always a busy bee. Love both Dresden plates, fabrics are prefect.
Thank you for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

Susan said...

Hi Tazzie
you have legt a few comments on my blog but this is probably the first time I've managed to get to your blog . . .apologies!...life gets busy.

I was intrigued when I saw your painted bead heads - cute idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails