Friday, October 22, 2021

In production ...

This week in every spare moment I did something toward putting the quilted mats together. I've made three complete mats, partially quilted another one, and almost finished piecing a fifth. This weekend I plan to get a bunch more made.

I kind of like the fabric somewhat now that I'm looking at a completed item, but I still much prefer a more traditional colour palette.

And to that end I purchased some additional Christmas prints. One of them is quite bright, but I have a particular project in mind for that one:

We all knew I'd look for extra yardage of the Christmas Tree fabric, and I felt like I needed the taupe spots, as it works well for a background. The three fabrics on the left will be used for making mats, and I'm looking forward to putting them into use soon.

And because I really don't have any free time, I thought this past week was the perfect time to start another new project! Hahaha! I subscribe to Marti Michell's emails and she advertised a 'Free Block Friday' project. A block each week sounded so tempting, so before long I'd decided to play along, and I've encouraged some of my quilting friends to join too. Click here if you'd like more information.

I thought it would be fun to use my much neglected 30's prints, and here is my first block:

I'm not going to fuss about which fabrics I put where, it's going to be fun to piece in a footloose and fancy free way! The next block should be out tonight sometime, so I'll be watching my email to see what's next!

Well, I'll be heading back into the sewing room now, I'm looking forward to spending some time with my sewing machine. Chatter soon! xox

3 comments:

Jean McGee said...

I just love the table mats you are making Tara , they will look beautiful on the tables at lunch. The Xmas fabric is gorgeous and you'll find a good use for them I'm sure. Thanks for the inspiration you give us all 😍😍

Rebecca said...

Love that Bird in Hats print and can see the Taupe Spots as a great background fabric for so many uses.
Would love "yardage" of that stuff.

Janet said...

Table mats are going to be gorgeous. Wonderful collection of fabrics.
Love the 30s block. I finally went into a quilt shop last week, been over a year.
I thought about going to the International Quilt show but decided not to go. Happy stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails