Friday, August 13, 2021

Thank you!

A big thank you to Maxine for her inspired help toward a quilting design for little Miss Mary's quilt. It was like a little lightbulb switched on in my brain. I had already looked at a heart template but dismissed it as too small, so I drew up a larger heart on Corel Draw and continued the grid behind it and presto, I'm happy. I have the best visitors to my blog, thank you so much!

I'm on the home stretch now with the borders, I'm looking forward to getting the binding on this quilt and putting it in use.

I also finished the second of the twisted hearts blocks, still the same machine quilting design, but I'm getting so much more comfortable with my machine:


Lovely Janet asked about the quilting design I used on the tangled hearts, whether there is a stencil or a name for the design. I don't know about a stencil, but I an tell you that the little circles are generally called pebbles, and the circles with shadows - I call them peacock feathers, but they may also be called paisley or something like that. I think there would be lots of online tutorials about how to quilt them, they are super fun to do and great for filling spaces. Hope this helps!

Last of all for today, in baking adventures for the week, I made a lemon ricotta tart for the sweet ladies that come to quilting:

Ohhh nom nom nom. It was good! I pinned the recipe to my Pinterest board. It was actually an orange tart, but I changed it to suit my abundance of lemons right now. There is a little sliver left over, so I may just indulge and have it with coffee for afternoon tea today.

Thank you all for stopping by, and I'll chatter again next week! xox

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TazzieQuilts

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The heart design is perfect for the border. The lemon tart sounds delicious! Happy stitching!

Jean McGee said...

Mary's quilt is looking beautiful your quilting is just perfect and I love the hearts on the borders. The lemon ricotta tart looks so yummy, unfortunately I couldn't be at the group on Thursday so missed out but there is always something tasty on the table. Look forward to next week. 😍😍

Janet said...

Thank you for the information on the quilt design. I will definitely be searching for it. Miss Mary's quilt is a treasure. Love it.
Fallen in love with the tangled hearts, again. Lemon tart sounds delicious. My lemon tree that would provide over 300 lemons a season, froze in the big February freeze here in Conroe, TX. I miss it. Thank you again for the lovely journeys. Happy weekend and stitching.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful Hand quilting! Love the pattern you chose and enlarged! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails