Sunday, November 04, 2018

Love a little EPP ...

Well hello friends :-) I thought I'd pop in and share a couple of happy snaps with you. Some of the sweet ladies that come to Thursday class had asked to learn English Paper Piecing (as well as some other things), so I made up a little something-something that we could play with.

I have to admit that though I love stitching hexagons, it was time to broaden our horizons ... though I didn't stray too far ... the lovely jewel shape I selected is used in conjunction with hexies :-)

This is the first block I made - I used bits and pieces left over from making Mrs Billings while I paper pieced the stars - I don't think the Mrs Billings scraps will ever disappear, they seem to be reproducing!

This is as far as I went with my quilt top, though I made the pattern for the girls to have 5x5 blocks. I also gave an option for some paper pieced sashing strips if they wanted to do them - for me though, I couldn't look past this wonderful FG border print. It's just divine.

The border print actually had five repeats across the width, so I used the last strip to make up this little table topper using the Kaleido-Ruler. I've made so many of these over the years, I honestly think the number may be in the hundreds! I'll pop the binding on over the next week and it'll look cute on the coffee table or something.

Last of all, I managed to move the hoop once while hand quilting on Phebe. Progress is slow, but enjoyable. I've made the decision that I'm not going to rush along on this project - I'm not quilting to a deadline - it will be finished when it's finished - and that has lifted a little stress from my shoulders.

Not long now until the Christmas Pageant here in Adelaide, and that's the signal for me to begin decorating and putting the tree up. It's my favourite time of the year! And once Christmas passes, we'll be full swing into preparations for Amy's wedding - busy times are ahead, and I cannot wait!! xox

9 comments:

Kyle said...

What a great class sample. I've got both of those border prints. Eventually, a project will come along. You've got some busy times ahead. Hope you continue to find a few free moments to continue hand quilting your lovely quilt.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very nice with the Stars - and of course Phoebe! Going to be a beauty!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I'll bet you had loads of fun with the class. Those EPP stars are delightful. And, I'm happy to hear you are not rushing with Phoebe. You will enjoy it so much more that way. Your quilting is gorgeous!

Janet said...

What a wonderful class project. I bet the ladies were thrilled. Phebe is looking great. Definitely sounds like the calm before the wonderful storm of Christmas and a wedding. Thank you for sharing.

Lorraine said...

Wow! I am in love with all of those fabrics! Those border prints are spectacular and so, much fun to play with..

QuiltGranma said...

Beautiful work! Thank you for blogging and sharing!

Jean McGee said...

you are such an inspiration to us all Tara and are happy to pass on your knowledge to help us to improve our quilting skills. Love you heaps πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Jean McGee said...

You are such an inspiration to us all Tara and help us to improve our quilting skills, love you heaps πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

darlynn said...

your quilt looks lovely
you are so correct, quilting is not a race
you are enjoying the process.

with winter approaching here in the states, i have picked up my antique quilt top that i am quilting. i have lamented and lamented about my stitches and have finally come to peace with my abilities to hand quilt. my stitches are "too large" but they are the best i can do. they are me. done~

good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails