Sunday, July 22, 2018

Almost, almost ... getting reaaaalllly close ...

I really wanted to have my quilt top finished by this evening, and I'm so very close, honestly I am ... There is just one side of the star border, and then the little spacer to go ...

I just dumped the quilt on the floor in the sewing room and haven't straightened it up properly so it looks a little jiggly wobbly, but you can see it's coming along. I think I will do a little unpicking though - the top of the star block in the very corner doesn't meet with its neighbour nicely enough for my liking so I'll sort that out tonight.

As soon as the top is done I can hand it on to my lovely long arming friend Lizzy to baste for me, and hand quilting can begin in earnest.

In other news - yesterday while out shopping with Amy, we wandered into an antique store and I found a lovely piece to add to my Masons Vista collection:

Isn't it pretty? I've never seen a '3 section relish dish' in the wild before so I had to bring it home with me. They did also have a dinner plate, but I left that behind because at $55.00 the price was too steep - and lets be honest, the 20 plates I already have are plenty!

Well, that's it from me, hopefully the next time I check in with you all I should have this top completely finished - fingers crossed!

10 comments:

Lin McQ said...

This quilt is just wonderful! Those browns make it so warm and cozy looking and let all your other color choices shine. That corner would bug me too, should be a quick fix. Love that relish dish, great find. Thanks for sharing!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is so lovely, such a treasure!

Janet said...

I really like your background fabric for the stars. You are so close-just gorgeous. Loving the journey. Enjoy your week.

Marie said...

Superbe ,un très beau quilt!

Guusje, said...

Phebe is very beautifull. Your almost there. Mine is finished and I am glad about it.
.

Kyle said...

Wow! You're almost done! It's an incredible design and you have done incredible job. I love finding a treasure to add to a collection.

Sue said...

Gorgeous Tazzie. Cant wait to see your quilting.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my yes, you can almost taste the finish!

loulee said...

Oh, so close. You must be very excited.

Phyllis said...

How wonderful to be so close to the end of this beautiful quilt top. And you do it in such little time. Beautiful find at the antique store, very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails