Sunday, May 06, 2018

Star border ... done!

Early this week I got the last of the stars in place on this section of the Phebe quilt top. I'm thrilled with how it's looking at the moment.

I don't mind confessing that after I put the first section in place I wasn't sure if it was all accurate - sometimes a heavily pieced border can make the next addition look a little full - but as each next side was added I realised it was all going to be just fine. I have more anxious moments ahead of me though, as the next rounds are all heavily pieced too.

I haven't been able to start on these next borders just yet though. I just have a couple of other doodads I've wanted to work on for a while, and I'm almost finished - at the moment I can't share, but I promise I'll show you in due course.

It makes me giggle without fail when lovely people commenting tease me about having time management superpowers - I promise this isn't the case - the past two weeks were school holidays, so I had more time than usual on my hands - there was no school drop off/pick up run, the endless sporting activities for Camo and I were at a halt ... and the stars were already made from September/October last year and sitting waiting for me to put them to use. So really, not nearly amazing at all!

What I haven't done is keep up with all my emails - and I plan to do that tomorrow morning as it's getting late here now, so I'll catch up with you all really soon! xox

13 comments:

Chris said...

Super powers or not . . . that is am amazing amount of work done this week. It is looking so beautiful.

loulee said...

Oh my goodness, that is amazing.

Karen said...

Love it! Love it! Such precise piecing.

Lynn S said...

This is fabulous!!!

Alison said...

Oh how gorgeous - I am plodding along on 1930'S roses quilt - all hand applique and it's becoming a chore. Maybe I should just use the centre and finish it with star blocks - yours is spectacular,

Sjoukje said...

I thinks it's wonderful!

Janet said...

Looks perfect to me. Can't wait to see all you have been working on. Have a great week.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You are making a Heirloom! Such precision and beautiful applique!

Kyle said...

Your piecing was spot on. Perfect!

Paula DiMattei said...

Love, love, love how scrappy your stars are. How do you pick your fabrics? The play so well together.

Phyllis said...

Beautiful choices and great technique, it all lies so flat. Can't wait to see the rest.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love following your blog. Your work is stunning!

Texana said...

Just lovely...I love how tiny and delicate your stars are...wow!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails