Monday, February 19, 2018

Valentine Project

I was inspired by Valentine's day happening recently to create a little project to use up some scraps. It's fun to put these doodads together for the girls that come to my class, and this small quilt was no exception.


Once again, some of these fabrics are from deep stash. A bunch of the pink scraps are from a very early quilt I made for Amy. The pink and red shirting fabric was one I bought from Carolea's Knitche in Sunnyvale on an early trip to the USA. Now I'm guessing that Carolea's has been closed for more than 10 years. Gosh that was a fabulous shop.

All that's left to do on this little one is to stitch the binding down on the reverse side, and I'll do that after tennis on Wednesday. I pretty much have my whole week scheduled out - it's amazing how busy life gets, and how fast it happens ... not complaining, just saying!

It's almost time to pick the little (but much taller than me) guy up from school, so I better dash. Chatter soon! xox

3 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful. Your fabrics are perfect.The girls will love it. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty quilt! Best for Valentines l've seen.

Kyle said...

So cute with all your bits and pieces. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails