Thursday, September 21, 2017

HOQH - This week's blocks

This week I managed to get two of my HOQH blocks put together, yay! Two blocks doesn't seem like much to have gotten done, but I also finished the last of the 'kitty savers'. I ended up having to make eight of the lounge protectors ... I didn't think they'd be required for the back of the lounge where it's against the wall, but apparently no part of the upholstery is sacred to that darned cat!

Anyway ... here is the first block:

Block 48 - Contrary Wife

There are so many 1" finished half square triangles in this quilt, I'm really getting a lot of practice. The green fabric in the corner squares is one of my absolute favourites.

Block 23 - Morning Star

I love how this block turned out - and it may be because there's a whole lot of my favourite green fabric in it! Does anyone know what collection the green is from? I only have a little bit left and I'm afraid the selvedge is long gone. It would be fun to hunt some more down.

Is't getting late here now, but I'm spending a little time in my sewing room tonight - I'm going to dig into my scraps some more and see what I can come up with. Chatter soon!

6 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Great blocks! I think that green is a Judie Rothermel and I believe it might have been from one of the Sturbridge Village collections. I know my friend Cyndi (Busy Thimble Quilt Shop) will know and if she has any I would be happy to send you some! I will be seeing her on Saturday and I will let you know.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow....love all the fabrics you picked. Wonderful blocks.

Kyle said...

Probably good that you got the furniture protectors done. Kitties wait for no one.

Janet said...

Your piecing is perfect, no cut off points at all. Your fabric choices are beautiful together. Thank you for sharing. Happy stitching and weekend.

Sandy said...

I just discovered your blog, and I love those blocks!
(..need to dig a little deeper and see what else you got :-))

Deb said...

Love the colours and fabrics you are using Tara. Gorgeous

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails