Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Checking in :-)

I had a conversation with a lovely friend the other day, and the subject of my blog came up. It caused me to remember that I haven't checked in since I got back from our most recent adventure - and I've been home for two and a half weeks now - how remiss of me!

My family and I were lucky enough to go on another Pacific Island Cruise - it's fair to say we're completely addicted to cruising now, and another one is planned and happening imminently - lucky me!

I won't share tons of photos today - I really didn't take all that many, but I'll check in with my Dad, he took so many, and hopefully there will be some with me in it too! We travelled on the Explorer of the Seas - the sister ship to the Voyager which we travelled on last time.

It's so fun to see the magnitude of the ship when we arrive at the passenger terminal:


And when we boarded, we went directly to our room to drop off our carry ons and check out the view:

Here's Camo looking back toward Circular Quay from our balcony ... and if you turn just a little to the left you get to see this famous icon:

The Sydney Opera House is so very distinctive. It looks like the outside area was being set up for Chinese New Year celebrations which I believe was the day after we sailed.

I won't' share heaps of pictures - just a couple for now:

I love this picture - this was the view back to the ship from the beach at Mystery Island. It was just beautiful, and we all spend pretty much all day in the water ... I think this was my favourite stop on this trip.

And for the last cruise picture - I just wanted to share my favourite drink from our favourite bar on the ship:


Mum and I have a new favourite bar tender - his name is Louis and he was in the Schooner Bar on deck 4. He made the best Chocolate Martinis, and I had soooo very many! On the last evening we stayed there as long as we possibly could - we didn't want the cruise to end - and I had a bit of a wobbly walk back to the stateroom.

My goodness what a great time we all had - and it has been so hard to come back to earth at home. Who is going to make my dinner ... pick up the towels in the bathroom ... make fabulous towel animals? Well, it's going to have to be me ...

But one thing I have been happy to get back to is my quilting. I'm still plugging away, I'm over half way through the blocks now - and once they're done, then it's the border.

One last picture I forgot to share with you from Christmas - it's another thing that goes in the "I am incredibly blessed" file ...


My sweet husband bought me a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas - I have ALWAYS wanted one, but thought they were really a bit too expensive to purchase on a whim. I was amazed that he remembered - and so entirely thrilled. It wasn't a surprise on the day as he wanted my input regarding colour - and I'm so very glad he checked with me. I've only used it a couple of times so far, but once I'm done with all this quilting, I know I'll be spending a lot of time whipping up treats with this bad boy.

Well, that's all the news I can think of right now - thank you for being patient with me, and also for emails and conversations checking in on me! Chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love my kitchen aid...Using the same one for 30 + years now.
Been baking Sour dough bread twice a week for 6 months now and would not have finished the 1st month without this machine.

Missy Shay said...

I love the color you chose for your mixer! I've never been on a cruise, how fun.

Kyle said...

What an awesome trip, martinis' and your new Kitchen Aid!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Love me a chocolate martini. I want one now!

Janet said...

The cruise sounds wonderful. Oh my the chocolate martini looks delicious. What color is your mixer, it looks olive green. I've had my kitchenaide for several years now and I love it. I got the pasta roller and it is so much fun to make pasta. It's messy but fun. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Well, heck, if I had the choice of traveling or blogging, guess where I'd be? Never done a cruise, though. You will wonder how you ever lived without your KitchenAid. Its one of those things that you may not use every day but when you need it, you need it. I got one for Christmas years ago and its holding up very nicely. Used it yesterday in fact. Take care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails