Monday, January 09, 2017

Still quiltin'

Hi there, and Happy New Year! What did you spend your New Years Day doing? Because of course, it is said that whatever you do on the first of the year, you'll spend all year doing it! Personally, I slept in, ate leftovers and also worked on my hand quilting. I did a little housework too, but I'll keep that on the down-low. I sure want don't want to spend all my time this year doing chores!!

I'm still quilting here, and I can honestly say that I'm growing a little tired of it. I MUST keep going though, so I'm trying to find joy in the little things ... like each time I fill a section ... or when I move the hoop ... each of those small achievements will eventually give me a finished quilt!


Goodness me ... what a blurry picture ... let's pretend it's all artsy and that I meant for it to be that way!

** Before I sign off - I just want to mention that I upgraded laptops recently, and I lost any emails I received from my last blog post. If you asked me a question, I'd love to respond ... do you mind getting in touch with me again? Thank you so much! **

Well, I'm going to head back to my quilting throne and put some more stitches in for the evening ... chatter soon! xoxox

8 comments:

Janet said...

Happy New Year to you. The quilting is looking great. You are doing a lot of quilting. You are such a go getter that you will have it finished in no time. I was doing some hand applique so hopefully that means I will be doing a lot of it this year. Just in case here is my email mudd4chewee@gmail.com. Enjoy your evening. Janet

Karen said...

the quilt is looking great - I wouldn't be able to do it as you do though for hours on end working on the same quilt - it is beginning to sound like work! It will be gorgeous in the end though

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, it is coming along beautifully! I hope you get lots of quilting time in the new year.

Rebecca said...

Audio Books! are my salvation when I reach that point on a quilt... Hell lets be honest....I start and finish quilts with audio books. Also car trips, gardening and cleaning house. My public library works with 3 other counties and has a great selection from university lectures (the learning series) thru current fiction of all sorts. If I get bogged down on a project I change the type of book I am listening to and it helps a lot. When driving if the books are good I can do 1000 miles in a day ( but not 2 days in a row any more) .

Sjoukje said...

Happy New Year to you too!

NickiJ said...

Have you got a deadline for your quilting project? If you've lost your mojo or zing for quilting it, why not jump to another project for a week and then come back to it with happy hands ready to quilt again :) It looks pretty impressive from the photo.

Kyle said...

All that lovely quilting and texture is coming through that photo. It's beautiful. When you have a big project like that you have to keep pushing yourself or it will never get done. Nice to give yourself small goals.

Missy Shay said...

I don't have the patience for hand quilting. I have two hand quilting projects that have been taking me years to get through because I get bored. I love your hand quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails