After a busy day of chores yesterday, late last night I was able to put another block together. It was kind of a stressful one!
Block 43 - Flower Pot
These blocks are 6" finished, so you can imagine that some of those triangles are on the small side. Not Nearly Insane kind of small, but small enough nonetheless. This particular block was frustrating me ... for some reason the little triangles just weren't playing nice and I found it hard to get the block to sit straight. I got there in the end, but holy moly. Maybe I shouldn't piece late at night - I think I finished it up at around 11.30pm.
Another busy day today with chores, but I was hoping to have time to get another block together - after I picked up Camo from school, I had my moment!
Block 51 - Toad in the Puddle
This block went together much easier, and I'm super glad! This finish means I've made 14 of the 59 blocks for the quilt. Yay!
Just for fun I made a collage of the blocks I've stitched up so far. The collage repeats two blocks, but it's still fun to see how they're looking:
I'm super happy with how the blocks look together, I'll keep going with the brighter of my reproduction fabrics and keep the brown and black to a minimum.
In other news, I have finally had an opportunity to take a picture of the latest Dresden project I put together. I had made a baby play mat for a gift a while back and wanted to make another to share in my Etsy store:
I have been hoping and hoping for a bright day, but even the brightest of sunlight won't make me a better photographer - hopefully you can see how cute this mat is anyway :-)
Well, that's it from me for today, hopefully I'll have a few more blocks made by the end of the week! Chatter soon :-)