Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Border Progress ...

I had a bunch of things I wanted to share with you in this post, but they'll have to wait until next time ... woe is me, I have a horrible cold - and it's all my fault!! Just last week I thought to myself "I haven't had a cold in ages, I am soooo healthy". Almost immediately the universe responded giving me a doozie! Darn me and my cocky thoughts!

Anyway, I have done just a little work on the Caswell border ... I'd have done more, but energy levels have been low:

I'm having fun with the placement of the applique pieces, and I can't wait to share more with you.

Just for fun, I thought I'd share my sweet friend Norma's next project with you - she's the lovely lady that appliqued the chicken I showed you recently. Her next piece is a peacock:

Isn't it coming along wonderfully? I predict that she'll have it finished by the time I see her on Thursday. I can't wait to see it.

Well, that's it for now - hopefully I have more energy to share a newsy post with you soon. xox

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looking forward to seeing the caswell quilt come to an end.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your border is going to be very pretty. Drink lots of fluids and get over that cold. That peacock is going to be really cute. Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Pam said...

Darn that universe-it is a pesky devil!
Your Caswell border is looking good!

Teresa Rawson said...

SOOO sorry you are under the weather! I do the very same thing...pat myself on the back for not getting colds, then I get a cold...

Your border is looking so lovely, REALLY going to be a stunning finish to this spectacular setting of the Caswell blocks!

And the peacock is fantastic! Is that original or is she using a pattern?

Karen said...

The peacock design is so very interesting. Combining the embroidery and the applique gives a unique look to it.

Kyle said...

Sorry you were bitten by the cold bug. Your border is coming along. Can't wait to see the rest. What a peacock! It's going to be fabulous

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Sorry to hear about your cold! Your border is divine and your friend's peacock is amazing. Her color choices are stunning! What fun!

ruthsplace said...

Your border is so pretty. That peacock is amazing! Hope you feel better very soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails