Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Caswell Block B1, and a lucky find :-)

And another Caswell block rolls off the (incredibly enthusiastic) production line:

Caswell Quilt - Block B1



I don't mind admitting that this isn't one of my favourites so far - it was fine to stitch and everything, but it's not as pretty as some of the others (in my humble opinion). And that's fine - because I know it will look just lovely when placed alongside the others in the finished quilt.

Not sure which one I'll work on next, but I'm thinking A4 should be a contender. It will mean I'll be entirely finished the first row which is good ... but those jaggedy edged leaves!?!

In other much less interesting news, I thought I'd quickly share something I found while shopping with Mum this week:

We spied these William Morris mugs while in Harris Scarfe, and I decided to snap a pair up. They were discounted to just over $4.00 each which I thought was a steal. My morning coffee is sure to be much sweeter with such a lovely view, don't you think?

And before I dash, I just wanted to say a quick Hi, and thanx for stopping by to Chantal L. She left a comment on my last post and I wasn't able to message her back. I appreciate all your comments, and always try to reply when I can.

Time to make dinner here, so I'll chatter again soon! xox

10 comments:

Carmen y Prady said...

Tazzie, que preciosidad. Me encanta.
Un beso

Mary Ann said...

Your Caswell blocks are incredible. The backgrounds you are using are perfect as they are subtle and truly make the blocks sparkle. If I might ask, are the backgrounds grey. I particularly love the latest one with the delicate print. Is this a fairly current fabric? I was wondering which fabric it is. I look forward to your posts as your projects are always beautifully done. And your fabric choices are amazing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I agree some of the blocks are prettier than others - and some that have a lot of jagged edges just might be rounded off a little bit for me :) I just finished my sixth block so need to get another one picked out soon and start my 7th.
Love those mugs.

Tired Teacher said...

The cups complement the blocks you've been stitching, and I love them and your latest creation.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, I think this one is lovely. Nice find on the mugs too.

Kyle said...

All the blocks will definitely play nice together.and the mugs are super.

Janet said...

I think it is a very cheerful block. I really like the leaf fabric. Great find on the mugs.

AnnieO said...

All the blocks together will be stunning, certainly! Love a pretty mug. I'm hoarding some Morris fabrics I bought at a guild sale last year :)

jenni said...

love your caswell. I am also addicted, so much so that I'm thinking of changing the border to a vine with assorted flowers and leaves. thanks for a happy and inspiring blog

ruthsplace said...

I love your blocks. In first grade my little one was very inspired by her teacher's classes on William Morris in art, so a William Morris mug was our teacher gift for the year. I'm wishing I'd also bought some for myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails