Monday, December 14, 2015

Two finishes ...

Last week I had two finishes, but because of preparations for Amy's 21st birthday party, I didn't have a chance to share.

Here is my latest Caswell block:

Caswell Quilt - Block D1

D1 was a fun block to put together. The original block used the same fabric for each of the petals, but I thought it'd be cute to use different ones and I'm happy with the look. The bottom of the block is a bit messy with a tangle of leaves, but it's fun to hunt down lots of greens in my stash.

And this is the finished Dresden Topper, I'm just loving it:


I love how the ric-rac and ribbon trim just completely change up the look of this project. While I'm on holidays I'm going to make one up in cute kid fabrics. I thought it'd make a sweet playmat for a friend who is expecting a baby soon. But first I'm making up a few spiderweb placemats. They're destined to be gifts for the sweet ladies in my Saturday tennis team. I should have the piecing completed tonight - and we have some hot weather ahead, so I'll have plenty of indoor time to finish them up.

Chatter soon!

5 comments:

gretchenscorner said...

The Caswell block is very pretty. The different fabrics make the flowers and leaves come alive. Blessings, Gretchen

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Beautiful! I love all the different greens. I think it makes it much more interesting to "scrap it up". Beautiful work!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think the block with different color leaves looks great I like to mix them up also

Tired Teacher said...

Using the variety of green fabric was a good decision. I like how they look together.

Kyle said...

I really enjoy looking at all the different fabrics you used. The flowers look great with a variety of blues. Lovely as always. You have hot weather coming, I've got a blizzard. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails