Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Just over two weeks until the big day!

Can you believe there are only just over two weeks until Christmas? I bet you've all got your list prepared and are well on the way to completing your shopping. I really wish I could say the same - I haven't made a list, and I've only bought one present - and that's only because my sweet brother gave me the coordinates of the exact thing he wanted. I strongly dislike being so disorganised in this way, but for some reason I just can't get my head around the Christmas list until Amy's birthday (which is this weekend) is sorted, and then I run at Xmas like a crazy lady!

But you don't want to hear me whine about my disorganisation - so here's some quilty content: Though stitching time has been limited, I've gotten a little more of the Montmellick project together:

It's looking kinda cute right? Once the other two sides are in place, I'll work on the paper pieced stars that will go into the blank squres. That part will definitely be time consuming. Once that's done, there's a final border print, and rather than go for something like the designer chose, I think I'll put a repeat of the border that frames the inner applique block. I'm pretty sure I have enough *crossed fingers*

The quilt is going to be a little smaller than expected, more like a wall hanging size, and I've toyed with the idea of making it larger, but I have a feeling I'll be lazy :-)

Just now I threw the quilt on the floor in the lounge to take the picture, and it's getting pretty dark outside. Without all the light coming through the front window, it's so much easier to see the Xmas tree and all the decorations on it, so I snapped a pic for you ...


One of these days I'll take the time to learn how to take better pictures with fancy effects, but not today :-) You can see though how completely full the tree is ... there's barely room for another single ornament, and that's how I like it! Note to self ... straighten those faux candles ... très messy.

Now, I'm sure I had a whole bunch of things I wanted to tell you about, but under pressure, I can't remember any of them - so that either means I have too much bouncing around in my head right now, or I'm completely losing my mind. Should I remember any of the Very. Important. Things. I'll check back in with you ...

Chatter soon!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I love your Di Ford mystery quilt. I won't be starting on the final installment until after the new year. Such a pretty Christmas tree! Good luck with your preparations, I am way behind as well and have no motivation, I would just rather be sewing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful tree, I don't think you have room for one more thing!

Nancy said...

wow, the quilt is progressing nicely. I think a pieced final border would be perfect.

Love your tree. I've yet to get mine decorated. ;o(

AnnieO said...

We've got our tree up, house lights and the advent calendar out--and I've bought my grandson a couple of toys, but that's it! I'll join you in running at Christmas like a mad woman :)
Love your quilt top, such a long way you've come!

Anonymous said...

Tazzie
Your Di Ford quilt is looking amazing! As does your tree.
Hope you haven't eaten too much of that Lemon Curd this afternoon.
Thanks for a great year of quilting!!
Birdie

Sue said...

Your quilt is kinda cute alright!!
Lovely! Man, that tree sure is loaded - it looks fantastic!
No tree for us this year. We'll be in Brisbane and Perth, so thought it was a job I didn't need to do!:-)

Lorraine said...

Not much room left on that tree!! I need to get going on the Di Ford quilt...I think the Christmas rush gets us all every year!

LuAnn said...

Your Di mystery quilt is beautiful. I've collected the magazines but finished Rotherfield Greys from her book instead of doing the mystery just now. I love your tree especially the lime green colored ornaments.

MARCIE said...

Your tree looks gorgeous, but really all we want to do is make quilts. Right? You do such beautiful work Tazzie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails