Saturday, October 11, 2014

Holiday Happenings

Hi all! School holidays mean I've had little time to myself, Camo and I have had a mini-break with my Mum, Nanna and Amy - we went down to Goolwa for a few days. Such a nice time, and I managed to find a sweet little quilt store too!

In the evenings there, I managed to finish up the binding on the Christmas Tree Skirt I made for my friend Kath, I'm just thrilled, as I can send it home with her hubby - all the guys are having a weekend away. So here's the finished skirt:

Don't forget that if you love it, the pattern is a quick and very inexpensive download at my Etsy store.

And yesterday I visited with my sweet friend Lizzy to see how Omigosh! is coming along. I'm thrilled with how Lizzy's quilting it, and I hung around a little while to help bury threads.

Here's my sweet friend at work:

And here are a couple of pictures up close of the fabrics, and the quilting too:

Because the quilt is so busy, it's hard to see the quilting very well, but I bet it'll look fabulous from the back. See that mid blue fabric above - that's the fabric from my first ever quilt I told you about a little while back.

The top narrow borders have been quilted too, but once again - busy fabrics make the quilting hard to see.

So, they're all the photos I have to share in my phone - I can't believe I didn't even manage to take any while we were on our little break. Over the next few days I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in binding, a label and a hanging sleeve for this quilt, so things could get a little quiet again. I promise I'll check in really soon!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

How exciting to see the quilting process and progress on your OMG quilt.

Noela said...

The quilt is looking spectacular. Hugs....

Shay said...

Having seen your tree skirt in the flesh so to speak Im almost tempted to make one ....it’s just lovely. Seriously tempted....

Cant wait to see Oh My Gosh in all her finished glory!

Carmen y Prady said...

Precioso, y el quilt espectacular.
Un beso.

Kristie said...

Love your tree skirt! I really need to make one. I love your Omigosh quilt!!! I enjoyed seeing the close up of it too. I have started cutting 1" strips for mine but it will be a while before I get started sewing on it. You are such an inspiration but you get me in trouble as I want to start working on everything at once. :)
Kristie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails