Sunday, March 16, 2014

Border on ...

Just a quickie post to share where I'm at with the BOM ... I'm excited about this latest development:

The outside border is in place now - it'll look so nice once it's had a good press. I have to confess something - since taking the picture, I unpicked the bottom left mitre and did it again - see that tiny pucker there? I just wasn't happy with it and knew I could do better. And it does look better now, so everything is good in my world.

All that is left to do now is appliqué the little hexie units and leaves in place in the corners and I can start working on the second instalment. I'll tackle it tomorrow if I feel up to it - I have gone and caught a hideous cold ... it's so early in the year to be catching bugs like this! Honestly, I'm dripping like a faucet and sneezing like crazy - my family are keeping their distance, and I can't blame them. I even had to miss the NTFW quilting group on the weekend, and I was seriously displeased! However I could not live with myself if I shared these bugs around so I'll have to wait for the next gathering ...Anyways, that's enough of my grizzling. I'll check back in when the block is finished. Chatter soon :-)

12 comments:

Missy Shay said...

You're quilt is looking great, I hope you feel better soon!

Shay said...

We missed you and you missed some very interesting conversations!

Ms. Broderie Perse is looking fabulous. That border is the bomb!

AnnieO said...

Absolutely beautiful! Hope you feel better soon.

Carmen y Prady said...

Es un trabajo precioso, felicidades. Esperamos que te mejores de tu resfriado.
Un beso

Miriam said...

Your block looks wonderful!

Take care and feel better soon.

Hot lemon and honey is my go-to for colds.

Noela said...

The top is looking beautiful. Hugs....

Wendy said...

Looking amazing, cannot wait to see it finished, Best wishes Wendy

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous.. Looks amazing to me :))

Karen in Breezy Point said...

The center looks fabulous! I hope you get over your cold quickly--no fun feeling awful!

Jill said...

This is coming along just wonderful. Love the center design and how the border prints compliment it. Look forward to seeing more progress. Feel better soon.

Sue said...

Looking lovely Tara as expected! :-)

ruthsplace said...

Wow, the quilt looks amazing.

I hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails