Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fabric-palooza!

This past week, a LOT of fabric has come into my life, all of it wonderful - some for imminent use, some being special treats from afar ... and some is 'justin' fabric ... you know, 'just in' case I need it :-)

Yesterday, Claire, Shay, Lorraine and I went on a little quilty road trip to Tricia's Fabrics. It's on the other side of town from us, so not somewhere we go often, but always worthwhile. I picked up these two pretties - the spot is to go with two other fabrics I've collected. I'm going to make a Christmas Tree Skirt for a friend of mine. Maybe I'll start it this week? Can't make any rash promises :-) The green floral is the 'justin' fabric I talked about ... it simply appealed to me ...

And in the mail I received a bevy of treats from my sweet friend Linda in the USA:

This is my Christmas exchange block that our darling mutual friend Kate made for me, isn't it so cute? And she even sent me an adorable pair of kitty snips. Thank you so much Kate!

Also in the parcel a huge selection of Judie Rothermel's anniversary fabrics. Some 10" squares, and some larger pieces too. Lucky me, there was a piece of the elusive border fabric that is required for the Di Ford block of the month! Is Linda clever or what?? She must be psychic!!

There was a big selection of my favourite magazines, I will have a great time reading these, eye candy galore, I am always inspired.

And how about this range of shoe fabric!! Where did you ever find it Donna? I've never seen this range before. This shoe lovin' gal is blissed out!!

Our sweet mutual friend Donna knows my love of conversational prints, so she included this darling in the parcel, thank you Donna!!

Am I not the luckiest girl in the world to have such generous friends? Thank you so much Linda for ALL the treats, and thank you also to Kate and Donna for your treats too. Love you all to bits! xox

And last of all for today, I was lucky enough to find the exact Dutch chintz fabric that is required for the Di Ford BOM project, so I had some sent to me. It's from the Etsy store detailed on the card. I had never heard of them before, but by some fluke, I managed to find a store that had some of the Judie Rothermel border stripe in stock, and while conversing with the owner, she asked me if I was working on the BOM, as she was too. She put me on the trail of the chintz fabric that she had purchased herself, and I was so pleased to be able to get it here in Australia.

So, that has been my week - a busy stash enhancement week. Now that I have some of the most important components for the BOM project, I can think about making a start on it. I'm excited!! Chatter soon :-)

6 comments:

JulieAnn said...

Isn't it exciting receiving mail with beautiful fabrics. I also received great fabric in the mail.mmmmmmm!! Love yours.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that magazine - I always like to look through them and see what quilt shops might be in areas I will travel to - I have found some of them over the years.

Anonymous said...

The shoe fabric was from me too. :)
Donna

Shay said...

If I had been aware you'd already been given such beautiful fabrics I would have been doing a lot less enabling on Saturday ...

thea said...

Love the snow globes! some beautiful fabrics you got.

MJinMichigan said...

Tazzie could you tell me the manufacturer and line that dot in the first picture is from? I've been looking for something like that for a while and if I had that information I could do an online search and possibly find it. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails