Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Hi friends!

Hi there everyone, have you missed me? Actually, you don't have to answer that, I've had questions and emails from all over the place asking me when I'll be blogging again, and it's so nice that you've all cared so much. The truth is, along with my sewing mojo, my blogging mojo disappeared too. I don't think I've ever neglected my blog for so long.

And just an aside, a big HI to any new readers visiting from the lovely shout out I received in Down Under Quilts magazine, I'm glad you've stopped by :-)

So, what have I been doing? Well, let me see what I've managed to capture on my phone-camera ...

I made this little table mat for my Nanna on her birthday last month from a couple of left-over applique blocks I had on hand. It was a fun little project, and I really hope she uses it on her table. Nanna is a bit of a bandit for putting her 'best' things away in the cupboard. I'll have my eye on her :-)

I learned how to make Anzac biscuits. My sweet friend Norma shared her recipe and assured me they're sooo easy. It wasn't hard to convince myself to bake some, they're my hubby's absolute favourites, and I've made four batches since getting the recipe. These are going in the regular rotation for sure!

My sweet friends Vicki, Wendy, Gail and I went on a mini-break weekend down to Middleton. We stayed in Vicki's sister's house which was so lovely - this is the view from the front window. We did bring our quilty pleasures along, but didn't really stitch a thing. We were very much diverted by shopping, and spent a good deal of time gazing out the window, glass in hand.

And why would we be gazing out the window? Because we were able to spend simply ages just gazing on the whales in the water right out front. Now, I'm no photographer, and there's only so much I can do with my iPhone, but let me assure you, we had spectacular views of many little groups of whales, and we were in the box seat. It was so special!

And last of all, it's entirely possible that a little of my sewing mojo has returned. I've begun putting Camo's aviation themed quilt together. After Mrs Billings, working with such big pieces feels like working with bed-sheets. But at least I know it'll go together quickly - and Camo is really looking forward to this one.

Well, that's it from me for now - I promise I won't leave it best part of a month before checking in with you again ... trust me!! xox

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Tazzie welcome back - I missed seeing your blog also. It looks like you had a wonderful place to vacation at. Sometimes we need to leave the quilting behind and take a break. Love the views and to be able to see a whale from the window must have been spectacular!

Linda said...

Happy to see you back! What a great break you've had! I would love to sit and watch the whales!! Camo's quilt looks like a lot of fun. I'm just heading into prime quilting weather--winter is certainly heading here.
Lurking Linda

Teresa S. said...

I love your airplane quilt blocks. I did aviation themed quilts for both of my boys. I made machine embroidered blocks with different WWII planes and used different airplane fabrics for the backing and for matching pillowcases. Both boys are adults now but they still use their airplane quilts!

Nancy said...

Great to see you post again.

I'd be sitting or standing by that window all day - a beautiful scene, and the whales just add to the beauty.

Can you share the cookie recipe? They look delicious.

Missy Shay said...

I love your applique! I've never heard of those kinds of cookies before.

Sue said...

Glad you're back Tazzie. No-one misses me çause I'm not regular! haha. What does it mean by a shout on Quilts down under?
I'm still plugging away on Mrs. B. :-)

Cille said...

Paisley Jam Designs said...

Hi Lovely Tara great to be able to see what you have been up to. Have to catch up with you soon.
Hugz Jen

Shay said...

Beautiful shots of your weekend away Tazz. Wine was definitely the order of the day- sometimes you just need to kick back and relax.

pandchintz said...

Welcome back! Glad you've had some time out - that looked like fun! Anzacs are a family favourite with us too -don't know how many batches I made over winter. Easy and delicious - you can't go wrong.

Noela said...

Good to see you back. Hugs....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails