Saturday, August 03, 2013

And I quilted some more ...

Yes, yes I did. I quilted some more ... and then when I felt I just couldn't quilt another stitch, I bribed myself with some Reese's, and my worn out fingers have quilted beyond a mere mortal's endurance.

But it's so worth it, because I'm mainly working out in the last border now ...

I'm starting to get nervous though, as I've nearly run out of my second reel of YLI hand quilting thread - and I haven't been able to locate another here in Adelaide. If I order one in, I don't know if it'll get to me in time if I do actually need it. Decisions decisions ... what to do??

Ohhh, and please forgive me - I have been spending virtually no time at all on the internets, so my blog visiting and message returning skills have all but vanished. I promise I'll catch back up with you all soon! xox

12 comments:

My name is Riet said...

It is going to be beautiful and worth all the effort. Have a nice weekend

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can't believe how fast you are quilting this quilt - I can never just stick with one project to work on like that - my fingertips would be so sore by now.

Sheila said...

Tara is your YLI the one on the wooden reel? i have some in a sort of Ecru colour.. I have also seen reels in "Riverlea.. did you try there?

Laurie said...

This is so inspiring! I can't wait until I can work on my Mrs. Billings again, but deadlines are in the way. You are doing a splendid job.

Nancy said...

What color are you using?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Congrats on getting so far! It looks so good!

Frances Meredith said...

Keep up the good work. I have been on a similar mission lately, but it is worth it!

Shay said...

I've been thinking of you working your fingers down to the boine to get this quilt finished. The results are worth your absence!

pandchintz said...

You are amazing!! Keep going, keep going.....and fingers crossed that thread arrives in time.

Linda said...

I am getting worried about the blue pen! Can't wait to hear that you have washed it all out. &:-D

Leanne said...

Hi Tara it was nice chatting today.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and saw this post, if you go to www.threadbear.com.au and email Corliss, she sells YLI hand quilting threads which I also love using. She also stocks a huge range of Aurifil cotton and quilting thread. I go to the shop regularly. Hope this helps, Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails