Monday, December 17, 2012


I don't think I've even turned my sewing machine on this past week. It has been a flurry of getting ready for a big party on the weekend. It was Amy's 18th! Where does time go??

Just so I have a little something to share, I'll show you some of the cupcakes that I made for the occasion. Here they were during making:

I could have done a little better with the distribution of the batter ... but once iced you could never tell ...

Oops - I was a little late ... some were eaten already! Here is the original site with the recipe ... I didn't have big enough leaf piping tips to neatly do petals underneath, and was having trouble with the cream cheese frosting as it was such a hot day. But I know you'll never tell anyone :-)

And for a little fabric content, hot on the heels of me declaring that I'll never need to buy any more fabric, 9 yards arrived today. This is the backing for my Mrs Billings project. I have some of the same fabric in the red colourway on the front of the quilt. Hopefully this will be the perfect fabric.

The kids and I are on holidays now, so hopefully I'll have lots of time on my hands and many interesting things to share. Chatter soon!


Missy Shay said...

I've made those cupcakes! Let me give you a hint about cupcake batter. I use an ice cream scoop to put my batter in my cupcake liners, it's fast and divides it evenly, I have a small scoop I use for my cookies! Have fun on your holidays!

AnnieO said...

Very pretty sunflowers--a favorite flower of mine too. They look delish. Happy Birthday to your girl, 18 comes fast and I don't need to tell you 25 comes even faster (my girl's age!)

Pretty backing fabric--yikes, 9 yards for a backing is a LOT

Shay said...

Happy 18th Amy. Those cupcakes look pretty fabulous Tazz!

I wish I was on holidays ....

Pip said...

Your post reminds me that I haven't done any Christmas baking yet, still plentyof time yet.

You mightn't NEED to buy any more fabric but you will still WANT more fabric, it's a kind of addiction I think :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails