Monday, April 09, 2012

Mrs Billings Progress

Happy Days, the special hexagon pieces have been appliqued onto the corner blocks. Because it's late - and dark, I've just shared a little corner, rather than battling with the quilt top in the lounge room ... and of course my picture is still too dark *lol*

I'm super happy with the fussy cutting of the red/border fabric - both the print in the little sashing strips, and the one in the hexies. Yay!

And now I begin cutting the *hundreds* of pieces for the next border. Yes, you read that correctly ... there are HUNDREDS!

I have a feeling I'll be jumping back over to the Farmers Wife quilt for a little light relief ... and to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere!

Chatter soon :-)

3 comments:

Pip said...

Mrs Billings is coming along quite nicely, love how you've done the sashing, just beautiful. I don't envy you all the cutting out that you still have to do, make sure you take frequent rests.

PatchworkRose said...

OMG Tara I just love it :) You have been a bisy little Tara. As you can see I am behind on my Blogs.
Cheers
Lynne

not so zen -quilts in Paris said...

Just one word: simply delicious!
Love from Paris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails